Human Subjects -- Forms and Links
Human Subjects Research Forms on IRBManager
Please access the online system, IRBManager, to submit appropriate form:
- For new projects, submit a Protocol Approval Form
- For extensions/renewals, submit a Continuing Review Form
- For changes to methodology, personnel, funding, etc., submit a Modification Request Form
- For reporting adverse events, unanticipated problems, or complaints, submit a Reportable Event Form
Instructions are available in "The Review Process" section of the Procedures and Guidelines. If you encounter accessibility issues, contact Debbie Hart, (805) 756-1508, for assistance.
Templates for Informed Consent Form
These templates are provided to assist researchers in preparing informed consent forms. If you require any assistance in determining which form to use or in modifying a template to suit your research, please email or call Debbie Hart, firstname.lastname@example.org, (805) 756-1508.
- Sample Informed Consent Form (doc) -- use this form for most projects, except those involving children or the collection of data via anonymous or online questionnaires
- Sample Informed Consent Form (Anonymous Questionnaire) (doc) -- use this form for projects where no identifying data will be collected, including signatures on the informed consent form
- Sample Informed Consent Form (Online Questionnaire) (doc) -- use this form for projects where data is collected via online surveys
- Sample Parental Permission Form (Research Involving Minors) (doc) -- use this form for projects where the subjects are minor children and parental permission is required
Cal Poly IRB Documents
Human Subjects Research Decision Chart -- does your project require review by the Cal Poly IRB?
Human Subjects Research Process Chart -- summarizes the process for review
Changes to Cal Poly Policy and Procedures for Human Subjects Research
The Cal Poly Institutional Review Board (IRB) has revised the Cal Poly Policy for the Use of Human Subjects in Research (effective July 2017) and has published an extensive document on Procedures and Guidelines for Human Subjects Research (effective October 2017). Please refer to these documents in preparing your submission and related documents, such as protocols and consent forms.