Conflict of Interest in Research
- General Policy on Conflict of Interest in Research
- Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) Policy for PHS-funded Research
Forms and Instructions
- Disclosure of Financial Interests Related to Sponsored Projects 800U (pdf)
- Principal Investigator's Statement of Economic Interest Form 700U (pdf)
- Federally funded projects: Most federal agencies require certification of training in financial conflict of interest for each investigator prior to initiation of a project. Cal Poly subscribes to the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI), an online site with up-to-date training modules and information, to fulfill the federal training requirement. Access, registration, and all course material for financial conflict of interest training are located on the CITI website. If you need assistance registering, or if you have questions about which modules must be completed, please contact the Grants Development Office.
- Privately funded projects: For privately funded projects that require filing a 700-U Statement of Economic Interests form, the CSU has developed an online training module that fulfills the State’s training requirement. This training must be completed by Cal Poly investigators no later than six months after the start date of the project, and expires after two (2) years. Contact the Cal Poly Office of Equal Opportunity for more information and for access to the CSU online training program.
Please note: At this time, if you are involved in both federally funded and privately funded projects, you must complete both training programs to be in compliance with State and Federal regulations.