Research Lightning Talks
Collaborate on Innovation
- Are you looking for opportunities for collaboration?
- Do you want to hear about new research directions at Cal Poly?
The Office of Research and Economic Development is hosting a group of fast-based, brief 4-minute presentations from faculty all over campus on their various research interests and the disciplines with whom they wish to collaborate. The goal of this event is to promote research collaboration among faculty and staff. The presenting faculty represent a cross-section of colleges and disciplines and are seeking collaborators in areas such as computer science, theater, psychology, agriculture, biological and physical sciences, engineering, business, and social science and policy, among others. Come listen to the talks, and then mingle and network with the presenters afterwards. See the list of presentations below.
Beverages and hors d'ouevres will be provided. For more information, contact Allie Walter at ext. 6-5153.
3:10pm-5:00pm, Monday, October 21; University Union (65), Room 220
- Lauren Cooper, Cultivating Empathy and Mental Health in Engineering
- Andrew Lacanienta, Intentionally designing meaningful experiences
- Sarah Lester, Supporting EDI in STEM disciplines through library research, instruction, and inclusive classroom models
- Joni Roberts, Contraceptive related weight gain
- Michael La Frano, Investigating Organisms and the Environment with Biochemical Analysis
- Jean Davidson, TBD
- Charles Birdsong, Automotive Safety and Automation
- Nancy Arrington, Selection institutions and Judicial Characteristics: Assessing the overlooked Trial Court Judges
- Thomas Fowler, Building a New Polytechnic College for Tanzania, Africa
- Aydin Nazmi, The starving student: Myths and realities
- Majid Poshtan, Micro Grid Electric Power application in new smart cities