The mission of the Technology Transfer Office at Cal Poly is to facilitate collaboration between Cal Poly and business/industry by acting as the interface between the university and interested collaborators. One of the major initiatives to support this mission is the establishment of a Technology Park on campus.
The goals of the Technology Transfer Office are to:
- Strengthen relationships between Cal Poly and industry, and build new relationships where opportunities exist for collaboration
- Enhance the competitiveness of companies working with Cal Poly by applying university expertise to the development of commercially viable research, products and technology
- Create opportunities for industry to take advantage of the deep reservoir of technical expertise in the Cal Poly faculty
- Provide enhanced access for business to faculty researchers, laboratories, facilities and students
- Create opportunities for entrepreneurs to start companies and established businesses to grow by engaging with the university
- Enable Cal Poly students, faculty, and spouses to find well-paying, interesting job opportunities in clean industries in San Luis Obispo County.
How We Work
The Technology Transfer Office coordinates Cal Poly’s outreach to business and industry for research and development collaborations and is operated through the Office of Research and Economic Development. The Office works closely with the university’s colleges, and partners with various organizations in the surrounding community, including:
- Economic Vitality Corporation of San Luis Obispo County:
A nonprofit provider of economic development services for businesses in San Luis Obispo County
- San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce:
Offers the latest information on key issues affecting the local business community
The Central Coast Software and Technology Association, which provides information and networking opportunities for technology companies on California’s Central Coast.